Gail Enever has been practicing homoeopathy and food tolerance testing for over 30 years. Gail is qualified in diet and nutrition: is a trained counsellor and has been a regular broadcaster on BBC Essex for approximately 20 years.
Do you Suffer From:
Bowel spasm pain
Fatigue/lack of energy
How healthy is your gut?
80% of your immune system comes from the gut. If your gut is out of balance, it could lead to repeated infections; low vitality and a reduced sense of well being.
Have you had?
- Repeated antibiotics
- The contraceptive pill
- HRT/ hormone treatment
- Long periods stress
- Food poisoning
- Severe diarrhoea/vomiting bugs
- Long courses of any medication
The gut should be made up of approx. 80% good bacteria and approx. 20% yeasts. If you have had one or more of the above, then it is highly likely that your gut is out of balance. All of our nutrients are absorbed through the gut. Although we may think that, we are having a nutritious diet – if the gut is out of balance then we are going to be undernourished and depleted. This can affect us mentally and emotionally as well as physically.
Assessment & treatment planning
- We take a detailed case history of past illnesses, operations, medication etc.
- With test for the individual foods using the Vega EAP system
- With the test result we individualise a treatment program [usually a 3-month plan] The interpretation of the test is paramount. Foods rarely show up randomly but as food groups, so it’s like putting the pieces of a jigsaw together to build up the whole picture of the individual.
- We test and assess vitamin and mineral levels.
- We give nutritional advice and any supplementation advice that may be indicated.
- Often support the program with Homeopathic medicines.
- General well being advice
- We usually recommend colonic hydrotherapy to complement our detox regime.
How does the test work?
The Vega test method can be used for food tolerance testing, using Homoeopathic liquid extracts of the foods whereby approx, 50 foods can be tested at a consultation. The method originated from electro-acupuncture according to Voll[EAP].
The VEGA TEST requires the patient to hold a hand held electrode. A specific acupuncture point at the end of a toe is used and an ampoule derived from the homoeopathic liquid extract of the food is used as the main diagnostic indicator.
The method is based on measuring evoked electrical conductivity by the application of an electrode [which looks like a biro]. By applying the electrode to the acupuncture point the electrical activity from the acupuncture point changes. In EAV, the so called ‘drop’ is the indicator of dysfunction.
This indicator is shown on the machine instantly so that you have your results straight away. No needles are used. The skin is not broken. It is not painful. Even babies can be tested.